Saturday 7 July 2007

What Parnassus Performance did next...

Well, here we are again... Safely home after our night of high jinks in Stevenage Leisure Centre...
Now you all want to know how it went, don't you ?
Ok... It went alright, and when it had finished we all thought it one of our better events...
Will that do ?
See, the thing is... I can talk about this event from a performer's perspective, but not as an organiser because Parnassus own Grant Meaby did all of the organising...
I just brought along the P.A. and hung around until it was time for my set, and I recorded or should I say I attempted to record the whole night on minidisk, so that those who want to put things out on their websites have something to work with at some point in the future.
I'm not kidding... The ability to record and instantly put on site is one that Parnassus members have been waiting for a little while to come to fruition.
It should have started last year, but the old computer decided to freeze and not boot up whatever we did to it (I was talked out of drop kicking it) and so I've had to start all over again from scratch with some of the older recordings... and a new computer (Vista'd, so half the old programmes don't work yet).
Eventually however, the plan is to link up all the members and as they slowly come on board and let everybody know where they can be found, rather than have a specific Parnassus Performance site, and the simple reason for this is that Parnassus Performance has always been a loose knit bunch of individuals who perform (individually and collectively) under the Parnassus banner, rather than an organisation that has a membership.
If we did it as a separate site then somebody would have to be responsible for keeping it all up to date...
Don't look at me... I've got enough going on without doing that as well.
It's bad enough being responsible for the newsletter without having to remember what everybody else is doing too...

But here's the latest up to date stuff as of July 2007...
Some of Parnassus Performance will be appearing at the Rhythms of the World festival, see www.rotw.org.uk for details... But those appearing are Grant Meaby, Joy T. Chance and Graeme Lloyd if you can't be bothered...
Eve Killup will also be appearing, and as some of you know, Eve used to be a member in the 1990's until she moved out of the area, but now she has returned to the fold to appear when she can... Good for her, I say.
We shall be welcoming two non Parnassian Poets to the Stage of 'Nuke 'em, now...' as somebody called it last year, after hearing one of my more political diatribes... Whooops !
(But I have to say that his wit has lasted as it's not a bad way to think of it...
No compromise, no retreat and no surrender... The Arcadeclectic Stage... Vive La Difference) and they are Austin Kaluba and Jude Simpson, and we wish them both good gigs on the day.
I myself shall be compering the Arcadeclectic Stage for two days and appearing in Bass Relief with Joy, Adam and Ollie on Sunday 15th July and that is all...
No overdoing it this year.

As for the other Parnassians... Sylv has a new Puppy, name of 'Whisper' and she's a pretty little
King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, and Ann Copeland has just got her book, 'Indeed A Freeman' accepted for publication, for which congratulations (before we all put in begging letters) are in order I believe...
Chris

No comments: